Matt Fraction is also like a weird one to talk about b/c for a really long time I hadn’t… read anything he’d written? So people would be like FRACTION IS TERRIBLE I HATE MATT FRACTION IRON MAN BAD WRITING!!! And like it was w/e because I didn’t read it! And I didn’t read his X-Men run b/c Land (there are, like, 2 artists in comics that I refuse to buy anything they do— Liefeld and Land).
So like. Literally my only thoughts were that he’s… hot. And I didn’t want to RUIN it by reading his bad writing so I avoided it like the plague.
But then I met him at Heroes and was really impressed by him in person and decided to give Hawkeye a shot (I was thinking I might anyway because KATE BISHOP, but meeting him sort of cemented it for me?).
(Also I thought he was hot in person there are Heroes Con posts from then it’s EMBARRASSING I’M STILL EMBARRASSED).
And idk man Hawkeye and FF (and I’m sure Fantastic Four as well) are SO GOOD. And I believe all of you w/ your Fraction hatred over IIM and XM like! I trust your opinion that it was Bad!
So idk I think that Fraction is one of the few writers that has gotten… better? Like idk I think he’s one of the few that you can be pleasantly surprised by! Which is really nice, man. I really like being pleasantly surprised by people!
One of my v. greatest weaknesses since childhood, yes ur right.
Follow forever, friendship edition:
- rebellatrix: My sister is my best friend in the world, and someone that I spend more time with than should probably be allowed. How she deals with me on a regular basis I can’t even begin to know. I would never have done this adventure without her, whether that was reading comics, getting a tumblr, or daring to venture out of my comfort zone at all. If you like me at all, my sister is probably the reason why you’ve gotten that chance. Also, you know, she runs a fantastic blog that has lots of DC stuff so if you’re into that. ;)
- arseniclace: Probably my best friend on tumblr (and one of my favorite people in general), Ashley has been a delight to know from the start. She’s smart and excited and always fun to talk to (Sasshley is apt). I would probably not have watched nearly as much anime this year if not for her, and watching that has been really beneficial for me. Not to mention watching it with HER has always been a delight. I’m just really thankful that out there in the northwest Ashley exists, probably giving sunshine to all the people she knows.
- teen-worf: JULIA. Julia’s probably the person that is the newest to my list of friends on tumblr but like. What was I without Julia? What was my blog without Julia? Delightfully funny, and smarter than she’ll ever give herself credit. I don’t know another blog that I can go to and receive both hellblogging and great insight in posts right next to each other. I want Julia to watch everything I like because somehow, discussing them with her makes the experience even more rewarding for me. Her thoughts reflected on what I like illuminate my enjoyment of whatever media even more. I love Julia even though she posts JarJar Binks sex, and that’s saying something.
- saltbender: LORI. Lori came into my life around this time last year? Talking about my Bucky/Nat posts that I filled the tags for. Passionate, snarky, and just as salty as her url suggests, Lori’s posts are always on point and a delight to read. She won’t take your shit, and she will skewer people that are just…. well, wrong. But I can also go to Lori’s inbox with all caps sobbing about Bucky/Nat or something to that affect and know that I’ll receive it in kind. She’s also more sweet than she’ll say (don’t tell her I said that).
- heliotropo: I’ve said before that I think Serena is sunshine that’s been coalesced into a person and I still stand by that. Always kind, smart, and loving Serena has been someone on tumblr who’s made a huge impact on me and made my life all the better for it. Honestly, if there’s one person on tumblr who could make you a better person just for knowing her, it would be Serena.
- peterquills: RENNE. I love Renne so much? She’s cranky about all the right things (or, well, wrong things. When ppl are wrong), she writes delightful fic at the drop of a hat, and she’s passionate about all things Bucky Barnes. Renne’s thoughts are always poignant and succinct, delivered in a way that makes me laugh 90% of the time.
- dissociate: Jess! Lover of Sooraya, and someone I can go to if I ever need to cry about my NXM babies. I love Jess because she’s passionate and excited, even in times and places where I feel I’ve become cynical or jaded. Jess is always fun to talk to and just be happy and excited about stuff.
- laurawhatareyoudoing: Did u know that Laura is probably the person that has been following me the longest? That still, you know, follows me. I love Laura, ya’ll. She’s one of the people on tumblr that makes me think the most with what she posts, and reflect on myself, allowing me to realize things both positive and negative that I hadn’t thought of before. Plus there is no one else on tumblr that I can readily talk to about Wonderfalls and the delightful thing that is Lee Pace’s face and eyebrows.
Annnnnd people I don’t talk to as much? But I think are great will follow till the end of days (and hope that, maybe, eventually, we’ll be great friends soon!):
- vengerturtle, veranke, manueluv, spectralradiance, professorstorm, folkvangr, kelleycarries, antiquitea, captainlitebrite, alltheladiesyouhate, wondygirl, ladyvega, ladyomega, ucarim, beneaththethunders, danverrs, broratheon, comandertano, dianafowley, jrrrck, bataranged, theodorekord
Also everyone that I mutually follow is getting a mention, because I’m sure in my haste that I’ve forgotten someone important in trying to keep this concise. Everyone I follow makes me happy to be here, so if you weren’t singled out it’s entirely on my shoulders and not yours. My fingers are getting tired from typing, so I probably missed you out of my own laziness unfortunately.
Thanks for making tumblr great. Every person I follow back (and likely ppl I don’t yet, but should) is an absolute delight. Thank you, honestly, for making this experience an overwhelmingly positive one.
W/E JENNA YOU CAN'T TAKE THE SKY FROM ME!!!!!!!!!
NO STOP OMG STOP.
S T O P.
I read that as Bucky/Lori and I was like UMM WELL PEOPLE OBV SHOLD BE SHIPPING THAT?????
It would certainly make more sense than Bucky/Loki tbh.
bucky barnes: founder of teh natasha romanova fanclub tbh
Bucky/Nat in pink as requested by: saltbender